NC State Prague facilitates the following elements of program development: budget creation and management, coordination of cultural excursions and activities, travel logistics, course scheduling, arrangement of accommodations for both faculty and students. The proposal process is independent from the Study Abroad Office faculty-led process for general programs.
Faculty are responsible for academic components of the program and recruiting students, while the NC State Prague team helps to facilitate pre-departure and on-site logistics.
- Summer dates for faculty-led programs should fall within NC State’s Summer Session II academic calendar (beginning in late June or July) because capacity is full during Summer Session I dates with the NC State Prague Classic study abroad program.
- Due to visa and international taxation issues, faculty-led programs in Prague may not exceed three weeks in length.
Proposals for faculty-led study abroad programs facilitated by the NC State European Center will be evaluated by the course proposal committee that includes representatives from NC State Prague staff and the Advisory Board, based on the following criteria:
- Proposed course must appeal to a broad range of students, with a minimum enrollment of 10 students.
- Program is expected to be financially and academically sustainable.
- Program must demonstrate culturally relevant and location-specific components, integrated with academic coursework.
- Involvement from a partner institution in Prague integrating European students and/or faculty a plus.
- Schedule a meeting with Megan Winzeler, Associate Director (firstname.lastname@example.org), to discuss your preliminary program ideas at least a year in advance.
- Submit the online Faculty-Led Proposal form. (Applications for Summer 2020 programs are closed. Proposals for Summer 2021 will open late spring/early summer 2020)
- The NC State Prague review committee will review the proposal and will contact faculty directors with any additional questions or items that need to be discussed.
- Decision notifications will be sent to faculty via email in early fall.
*Program details must be confirmed in September for promotion at the Study Abroad Fair in October.