Meet Madeline Williams

Fall, NC State Prague: Prague Connect; Prague, Czech Republic

Major/Minor:A student, Madeline, with her friend at a bridge in Amsterdam

Business Administration

I chose to study abroad because I had the opportunity to take a semester off or try something totally out of my comfort zone. It came down to community college or Europe.

I learned that I actually have way more mental strength than I thought I had. I learned to be more self aware of my self and my surroundings. I also learned how to manage my time inside and outside of school, between my academic and social life.

What was one of your favorite parts of your program?A student, Madeline, looking over the city of Prague with her friend.

Traveling. Traveling was probably the most amazing part of the trip because I had never been to Europe and exploring with my new friends made even better.

My biggest piece of advice has to be, be confident, try something new, step way out of your comfort zone and I guarantee that you will find either something new about yourself or the people around you.

How did your study abroad experience prepare you for your future career?

I feel as though my study abroad experience has opened my mind to all the different aspects of the world. I am more prepared, confident, and mentally prepared for the real world. My experience made more outgoing which will be extremely valuable in the business world.

Absolutely.

This post was originally published in Study Abroad.