Meet Molly Warner

A student, Molly, in the streets of Prague

Program and Location:A student, Molly, by a lake with her friend with mountains in the background

NC State European Center; Prague, Czech Republic

I wanted a new experience in school, but I wanted to keep my Pack pride!

I learned that I can overcome my homesickness by traveling around and getting involved in lots of local events. Being with friends helps too!

I loved being able to travel around so easily by just hopping on a train for a few hours. I got to see so many world landmarks that I have always wanted to see, and that was beyond incredible.

A student, Molly, in Wien

I think you should travel with friends! It makes the whole experience much more enjoyable to share it with someone. And you should definitely try local foods and drinks from all the different places you visit. Make sure to bring a camera with a TON of memory too!! You’ll want to take pictures of everything.

Were you surprised by anything during your time abroad?

Sign on Old Town Square

I was surprised by the importance of history in all the places I visited. I saw countless buildings that were World Heritage Sites that had been preserved for their historical value. Places where famous people lived or visited, places where war history took place, and monuments that stand in remembrance of past events were some examples. In America, we have museums and historical sites too, but our country is more about being bigger and newer. A lot of Europe is about preserving and learning from the past.

Of course I would do it again!

This post was originally published in Study Abroad.