NC State faculty proposing new short-term programs in Prague should work with NC State Prague staff to develop programs at least a year in advance. The proposal process is independent from the Study Abroad Office faculty-led process for general programs.. Due to visa and international taxation issues, faculty-led programs in Prague may not exceed three weeks in length.
Dates for Summer 2019:
Faculty-led programs can begin in Prague after June 24th and must conclude by July 15.
NC State Prague facilitates the following elements of program development: budget creation and management, coordination of cultural excursions and activities, travel logistics, course scheduling, arrangement of accommodations for both faculty and students.
Proposals for faculty-led study abroad programs facilitated by the NC State European Center will be evaluated by the course proposal committee that includes representatives from NC State Prague staff and the Advisory Board, based on the following criteria:
- Proposed course must appeal to a broad range of students, with a minimum enrollment of 10 students.
- Program is expected to be financially and academically sustainable.
- Program must demonstrate culturally relevant and location-specific components, integrated with academic coursework.
- Involvement from a partner institution in Prague integrating European students and/or faculty a plus.
- Submit the online Faculty-Led Proposal form. Proposals are due September 15, 2018 for Summer 2019 programs.
- The NC State Prague review committee will review the proposal and will contact faculty directors with any additional questions or items that need to be discussed.
- Decision notifications will be sent to faculty via email no later than October 1.
*Program details must be confirmed in early October for promotion at the Study Abroad Fair on October 19th.
Submit a Faculty-Led Proposal (Summer 2019)